Monday, October 7, 2013

Washlet




I would like to introduce "Washlet" today. Washlet is a registered trademark of the Japanese toilet company Toto. Toto is a manufacturer of sanitary ware-housing equipment and it is a member of the Morimura group. Morimura is the world's largest ceramics business group. A Japanese tableware manufacturer, "Noritake" is also in Morimura group. I will post about Noritake another day.

"Washlet" is a combination of the English words for "let" and "wash". In 1982, there was a TV commercial for Washlet in Japan. The catch-phrase was "your bottom wants to be washed". You can see the commercial on Youtube. This CM enhanced the visibility of the Washlet in Japan. I still remember about this commercial.

I think you can guess what the Washlet do for you without my explanation. When I used Washlet first time, the feeling was so weird. Of course, every time I used the paper so it should surprise no one that I felt like that. I think everybody feels like that. It just feel odd. I couldn't use it for a while after I used it first time. But I tried to use it again. I don't know why, I just wanted use it. I felt the same way but the feeling was a kind of different. It does not feel good but I felt it so clean. There is a warm air dryer so you can dry your bottom after you wash. But it takes a little time to dry so I use some paper at the same time. It makes your bottom clean very much. This is the most important thing. If you have your bottom issue, Washlet makes you happy.

The Washlet users are more than 60 % in Japan. The toilet seat has a heater so it is not cold when you sit down in the cold weather. It also has a sensor. If you stand in front of the toilet, the toilet cover will open by itself and close when you done. It is very smart toilet. The design is very sophisticated. I hope you can try this Washlet once and can feel the same way!
Thank you so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment